The Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) was developed by the National Association of Home B builders (NAHB) in partnership with American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) and is administered by NAHB. Professionals, such as CAPS Builders, who have earned the CAPS designation are experts in designing and building aesthetically-enriching, barrier-free living environments. They have been trained in the unique needs of the older adult population and apply strategies and technique to provide comprehensive and practical home modification solutions.
Things to consider:
- Are my entryways barrier free and at least 32-inches-wide or more?
- How can I make my bath more functional?
- How can I have an easier to use kitchen?
- Am I worried about falls?
- Do I want a bathroom and a bedroom on the main level of my home?
- Will other members of my family benefit from modifications?
CAPS graduates also pledge to uphold a professional code of ethics and are required to take continuing education to maintain their designation. While most CAPS professionals are remodelers, CAPS Builders provides both new custom home construction, remodeling, modifications and custom solutions. When you hire CAPs Builders, you are purchasing a service rather than a product.